12 August 2012

Laon

Laon Cathedral
We are in Laon and staying at a hotel called Les Chevaliers. The telephone number here is 0323271750. You will have to add the country code for France before telephoning of course.


It's been a lovely day in Laon. We got here around 2.30 and had a good look around the cathedral and town.

The weather is gorgeous. Parth keeps moaning it's too hot but I love it.

Tomorrow we'll be setting off for Dijon. The driving is not as scary as I thought it would be. The motorways are quite nice to drive on.




 


I'm glad I got the camera with the zoom


Laon is on a hill so the view was lovely.








Parth and his Banana Split



We had a delicious lunch of mussels and then later, Parth treated himself to a banana split. I was worried about all the ice cream but he seems to be okay :)


1 comment:

  1. Wow, how cool! It took me ages to find Omer and Laon on any decent map. Very interesting geographical exercise. I hope G. will read me some stuff about Laon tonight. Looks another wonderful cathedral, and even more special with Sophie in front of it. You must have some strong sunshine in France: Your tan is getting quite impressive. Ah yes, also found Dijon. This is going to be a journey of discovery - truly educational.

    ReplyDelete